Course: Crowd Dynamics
This is an advanced course designed to provide knowledge and skills to delegates, to enable them to understand and address the dynamic risks associated with crowd management. Using primary guidance, good practice and stated cases, delegates will learn to consider relevant factors and applicable models. The course includes practical sessions where delegates will calculate capacities and apply knowledge to problem-solving scenarios.
All delegates will be provided with digital resources containing guidance documents and a library of further reading in order to deepen knowledge.
- Overview of Legislation and Guidance
- Risk Perception
- Crowd Hazards and Current Themes
- Crowd Psychology and Observable Behaviour Part 1 – Core Principles
- Capacity and Flow – Related Risks, Mitigation Tools and Planning
- Capacity and Flow – Practical Application
- Crowd Psychology and Observable Behaviour Part 2 – Emergencies
- Evacuation, Invacuation, Lockdown
A certificate of completion is issued upon the conclusion of training.